See the Best Santorini Has to Offer in a Single Day
Tour Type: Private Tour
Tour Duration: 8 Hours
Language: English, French, Spanish, Russian, German
Tour Highlights: Firostefani, Imerovigli, Oia, Prophet Elias, Pyrgos, Venetsanos Winery or Estate Argyros, Megalochori, Akrotiri, Red Beach, Emborio, Perissa, Perivolos (Black Beach)
A visit to the Mediterranean has to be on the bucket list of almost any traveler. While the region offers a wealth of picturesque locales and historical sites, perhaps no destinations offer a unique blend of both more than Santorini. Located just 120 miles off of Greece, Santorini has been ranked as one of the most beautiful island destinations in the world. Yet instead of the palm trees and white sandy beaches that you’ll find on the islands of the Pacific, Santorini offers an extraordinary mix of both geologic and man-made beauty.
When you visit Santorini, your cruise line or traveling group may offer you some kind of tour, yet not one that’s going to provide you with in-depth access to what truly makes the island unique. Plus, there is so much to see here that relying on a standard tour could cause you to overlook some of Santorini’s hidden gems. If you want to really get to know the island, why not let a local show you all that it offers? Our Santorini Full Day Guided Tour will show you both the renowned areas of the island as well as a few lesser-known attractions that are equally as impressive. Your local guide will be able to answer any question you may have about Santorini’s history, culture and people, allowing you to become fully immersed in the island experience.
Experience the Island’s Many Communities
Your Santorini Private Full Day Tour begins at the cable car station in Fira town or from your Santorini hotel. Once you’ve met up with your guide, you’ll be ushered to a luxurious minibus, which will allow you to travel to your various tour destinations in complete comfort. Your Day Tour will take you all of the island’s communities, including:
- Oia: The islands most famous village, Oia produces a majority of the images that appear in print advertising the region. Built into the volcanic cliffs that surround the beautiful bay formed by the ancient volcanic caldera, Oia offers panoramic views that rival any of the other amazing vistas on earth.
- Firostefani: Even if this is your first visit to the region, you’re likely already familiar with the signature architecture found here, namely the unique domed buildings that have been featured so prominently in films and in art. Perhaps no structure is a better representation of Santorini’s man-made wonders than the Blue Dome Church at Firostefani, which is why it is one of the featured stops on our tour.
- Pyrgos: At one time the capital of the island, Pyrgos features the ruins on a Venetian castle that served as the region’s administrative center many years ago. From this vantage point, you can look out across the entire island and admire its majesty.
- Emporio: Emporio is the largest village on the island and home to the Kastel fortress, one of the last remaining landmarks representing the island’s Byzantine occupation. If you’re looking for a great photo opportunity, the many windmills found here can provide you with just that.
- Imerovigli: You can’t mention Santorini without correlating it to the unique geological history of the region. The remnants of that history are best seen in Imerovigli, where you’ll get a spectacular view of the caldera, the bay, and beyond that, the Aegean Sea.
Breathtaking Natural and Man-Made Wonders
Aside from being a world-famous tourist destination, Santorini is also known for being the location of one of the largest volcanic eruptions ever recorded. Roughly 3,600 years ago, the eruption of the caldera not only created the lagoon that allows modern-day Santorini to be a coveted cruise port but it also literally froze the Minoan city of Akrotiri in time. Our tour includes a stop at the renowned archeological site established here, where you’ll see artifacts from the civilization that many believe Plato was referring to when referencing the legend of Atlantis.
The area’s volcanic activity has also helped to form the beaches which are also included as stops on our tour. Red Beach not only features impressive rock formations, but also a colorful layer of red sand that is unique to this location. Black Beach is known for its awe-inspiring black pebble formations, formed by centuries of accumulation of volcanic rock.
Topping off your Santorini Full Day Guided Tour are trips to two of the islands most popular attractions: the Venetsanos Winery and Prophet Ilias. At the winery, you can sample some of the spirits the region is known for, while the Prophet Ilias marks the island’s highest point, where you can take in the view as well visit the local monastery.
Every year, countless travelers get the privilege of seeing Santorini both by air and by sea. Yet few are allowed an up-close look at every aspect of what makes this island paradise truly unique. The Santorini Day Tours that we offer can provide you with just that. Give us eight hours of your Mediterranean vacation, and we’ll provide you with memories that will last a lifetime.
Choose your pickup point from either your hotel, the cruise ship terminal or another spot in Santorini to get your Santorini Private Full Day Tour off to the perfect start.
Season: All year
Schedule: Every Day
Start Time: At a time of your choice
Starting Point: Pick up and drop off anywhere in Santorini
Transport: Luxury air-conditioned Mercedes Sprinter Minibus
Included in the tour
- Pick up and drop off is included in price
- Private local guide
- Bottle of water
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Entrance fees to attractions (if any), but can be purchased on the spot
- Wine Tasting (optional)
- Lunch, refreshments
- Cable car tickets for cruise passengers (€ 6 per person / each way)
Santorini Full Day Tour – Rates for the 8-hour private tour:
|Your Group Size||Price included||Price|
|1-4 Guests||Private tour with driver and guide||€480|
|5-8 Guests||Private tour with driver and guide||€560|
|9-12 Guests||Private tour with driver and guide||€680|
|13-16 Guests||Private tour with driver and guide||€760|
|17-20 Guests||Private tour with driver and guide||€800|
21+ (Bus with driver and guide): Contact us for a quote: email@example.com
For your comfort and safety, we use new Luxury Mercedes Mini Busses
Our tour prices include pick-up and drop-off from designated meeting point: from Santorini Hotels, Cable Car in Fira town for cruise passengers, Airport, Port (Athinios).
HOW TO BOOK:
Reservations are via SantoriniOnline secure online booking engine using any credit card.
Cancellation: Full refund if we receive your notice at least 14 days before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
Immediately after submitting your reservation, you will receive a receipt of booking via email.
Please present your printed ticket to your guide or driver upon pick-up for this tour.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
Children must be accompanied by an adult
The meeting point for the tour is at the cable car’s exit in Fira town. Your guide will be waiting for you there, holding a sign with your name.
Your guide will be waiting in hotel lobby
Airport / Ferry Port Pickup
Your guide will be waiting for you in the arrival area holding a sign with your name